Saturday, May 15, 2010

a walk, a nap and sardines

We had a big adventure today when we took a walk to some shops... We were out of the house walking around for almost 5 hours. When we got home, Parker and I took a much needed nap!



Now let me tell you... Tyler has been a picky eater for as long as I have known him. He has made so many brave food moves over the year including eating refried beans, cooked onion, and shark. To top it off, he would gladly eat all of those things again (a very big improvement)! I have been so proud of him. So when Erwin (our friend from Malaysia) insisted on not only taking Tyler out to a Malaysian restaurant, but ordering for him as well... Tyler figured he could handle one more new challenge. Turns out the challenge included sardines, yes sardines. When Tyler came home and told me that he ate sardines for lunch, I was floored. He managed to choke them down - bones, scales, eyes and all. It made me gag hearing about it. I am sure he will never eat them again... but I do not blame him. We are both looking forward to eating good old American food in less than a week! 

1 comment:

Caleigh said...

Kelly, you are beautiful. Tyler, you are very brave, and Parker I'm so glad your mother is taking you on adventures.
Pesto Pasta, Hot Hawaiian, and lodge poles coming up in three days.