Monday, May 3, 2010

big tears and children's books

Parker had such a hard day today. It is 10pm and he has only had one nap the whole day. This morning he was so upset... crying big tears. He was well fed. I checked his diaper, that was not the problem. He was not hot or cold. I could tell that he was very tired but there was no settling him, he would not stop crying. He was crying so hard and nothing could console him. So I put him in the carrier and we went on a walk.

As soon as I stepped outside the door, he was fine. He still did not sleep, but he was so happy to be looking around as we walked. Tyler tells me that Parker is just a very enthusiastic personal trainer. He keeps me motivated to continue my daily walking by shouting and demanding I bust a move.

We headed to the uni where I stopped by a coffee shop for a treat and then I wondered into one of the many campus bookstores. After I perused through the parenting section, Parker and I headed over to the children's section. There were so many great books. It had been so long since I have been able to look through children's books. I forgot how great it feels to thumb threw a fantastic new find. I saw so many that I wanted to buy. I cannot wait to get home so that I can dig into all my great books and more importantly read them to Parker!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there Kelly...the end is in sight...soon you will be home with your books...your family...all will be well. Love ya!